Saturday, February 22, 2014

DYSARTHRIA CAUSES ISOLATION

I have noticed something that has occurred over the last 3 years since my stroke. Not being able to walk, not being able to move the left side of my body and not being able to speak well I can deal with but this one is extremely frustrating.

Because of my Dysarthria and my inability to understand verbal language with any background noise nor understand a movie on family movie night, During these times, I wheel myself to the computer and FaceBook where I can 100% understand written or typed words and communicate with no issues.

Wanting  so bad to be with and interact with the family, I have sat through or joined in numerous family gatherings not being able to understand anything.

I'm really hoping this gets better with time. The brain heals so, so slow. I hope someday my brain will get better and let me join in once again.

I truly believe I have the most awesome and amazing family on the planet! I could not imagine going through this life shattering event except with my awesome family!

No comments:

Post a Comment