Thursday, October 8, 2015

THE KEY TO STROKE AND TBI RECOVERY IS CALLED NEUROPLASTICITY PART #1


Hi peeps!

I have been a brain aneurysm and stroke survivor for 5 years now and I'm starting to realize that all therapy all our hope of recovery boils down to one thing that occurs naturally within the human brain ...........

NEUROPLASTICITY


What is it? How can we spark this awesome brain's ability to rewire itself so we can use our affected limbs or regain proper speech again?

Weight bearing on our affected limbs and repetitive attempts at speech or any movement (twitch) sparks Neuroplasticity!

For me, I'd always heard about neuroplasticity but it seemed to be a magical mystery of the brain that seemed unattainable!

UNTIL NOW!

What we must remember that Neuroplasticity is a natural almost automatic process that only requires the patient to try and move the affected limb!

After being inspired by this video (best one I've seen to date) and trying to apply weight bearing and any movement to my unusable affected leg and arm I'm seeing a change in the last 4 months.

Now mind you I'm a wheelchair bound stroke survivor since September 17th 2010.

0 pullback ability in my left leg. 

So trying to apply the above principle of Neuroplasticity (a natural ability of the human brain) of any movement sparks it. I started with just the intention of pulling my left leg back (visualizing my leg pulling back) that turned into just a twitch ......... the twitch now has turned into being able to pull my leg back 3-4 inches! 

This is Neuroplasticity!

Someday 1'. 

Someday completely!

Someday out of this rolling prison!

Want more information on Neuroplasticity? Checkout my Pinterest Board!

Try it and post your experience peeps!

With the power of love,
Aaron 


No comments:

Post a Comment