Sunday, November 1, 2015

WHY DO SOME STROKE SURVIVORS CHOOSE TO BE MISERABLE?


In my close involvement with stroke survivors around the world all stroke survivors come in just two types.

One stroke survivor is exceedingly grateful to be alive and one stroke survivor is not!

The one stroke survivor is plunged into deep darkness and the other quite often has a spiritual awakening because of their stroke!

I have had the honor of helping several stroke survivors out of the pit of despair only to emerge like a caterpillar metamorphoses into a beautiful butterfly! Hands down it is the single most powerful thing I've experienced in my life!

I have found the stroke survivor stuck in utter darkness is always longing to go back to the way they were before stroke. Not being able to, by their own longing they plunge themselves into a deep depression.

I have seen what appear to be unbreakable shackles of darkness broken when the stroke survivor accepts he or she cannot go back!

They are now a stroke survivors!

They accept this fact with all the deficits and they come to a realize that just being alive when they should be dead wells up such a deep gratefulness and light there is no place for the darkness to live!

This was written by a dear stroke brother of mine Randy Terry several years ago. It never gets old!

NEVER THE SAME BY RANDY TERRY

So many times I hear I want my life back, Said it myself, made myself miserable. Now 6 yrs post stroke I see I will never get the old life back its impossible. The trials of this stroke and recovery has changed my life forever and for the good..

I am a survivor and the things I have learned about life will not allow me to return to the old..Sure some of the things I loved doing are gone but I have adapted to change not easy but no choice.

For the first few years of this I played that pity thing mad at the world, why me. One day got up ,tired of this got to be a better life after stroke. Put the wheelchair in corner picked up walker and started this hard work. Soon I was on cane doing the same thing ,it is not easy by no means but guess what not only was I walking but I felt proud thats why you hear me say "Stand Tall And Proud.. "Its not a secret hid from you its what you want out of life. Do not waste your time in this place its very lonely and nothing there to gain but misery. I am no writer ,not smarted than you ,it takes time to heal ,just got to get that brain thinking right and get up and get it done. Time is on your side you got plenty of it so don't think its got to all come at once work slow and steady it will come.. rt.

You see stroke survivors you have the ability to completely change how you see your stroke! 

Start by being deeply grateful for just being alive! Promise as you start the spark of gratefulness a firestorm will soon ignite and you will once again appreciate your life on planet earth stroke survivors.

I know, I was one of those stroke survivors stuck in utter darkness!

No comments:

Post a Comment