Monday, September 16, 2013

Reflecting on my Second Chance Birthday Sept. 17th

September 17th is my Second Chance birthday and it's making me reflect on where I have been and where I am today. From sure death to current life! I am filled with a deep thankfulness to the very core of who I am as a man! I should have died but so thankful I was allowed to live. Truly given a Second Chance at life on this planet. I'm deeply grateful for my wife, soul mate and best friend Rebecca Avila whom without, I would not be where I am today. If there is one person I owe my life to it's her! To all my family that where there for me when I and my family needed you most............THANK YOU! With every fiber of my being...THANK YOU!
Reflection
When I think back when I had my aneurysm and stroke on September 17th 2010. I remember laying in a hospital bed scared like never before, unable to talk, unable to walk, unable to move his left side of my body, unable to swallow, tracheotomy, feeding tube up my nose and so much more! I would say that one of the most terrifying and truly frustrating effects of my stroke was my inability to tell my everything (Rebecca) I love her! I could think it but I was mute........... so scary!I have truly been to death and back!
As the dawn to that date of my celebration of life is here I see I have come so far! I am told to shut up because I'm talking to much (and I do). I can eat and enjoy my wife's awesome cooking, I can Blog, I have some movement on my left side, can comprehend like never before, I now have a creative brain and the whole planet is my play ground and it's awesome!
I realize now that there was one thing that was able to stop me dead in my life tracks, that would make me come to know the true meaning of life, to give me a deep thankfulness for the special ones in my life and that was a near death experience and stroke!
Chosen if you will to see the absolute truth of life itself!
I often ask myself if stroke and a traumatic life altering event and one the hardest daily battle can go through on this planet is worth coming to know the truth about life on this planet? YES! With all that is in me YES!
TRULY I WILL NEVER BE THE SAME! I WILL BE BETTER IN MY SECOND CHANCE!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment