Friday, March 27, 2015

STROKE THE ONION EFFECT


I want to hear your opinion on this Blog in comments.

This Blog is how I see my stroke and it's effects on me as a man.

I survived a major brain aneurysm exploding in my brain and 2 weeks later I survived a major stroke.

September 17th 2010 was the day my life changed forever!

I have found in my life and 100's of stroke survivors around me this truth.

That our lives start out like a whole onion. We walk, talk and move freely around the world.

Then you have a stroke!

Everything in our lives if like me you took for granted, walking, talking and just being one with all the people around you is no longer possible.

My life as I knew it would no longer exist!

I found that the layers of my life and things in my life I thought important have been peeled away like the many layers of an onion.

Stripped down to the very core of my life and who I am as a man.

Peeled down to the very core and essence of life itself.

I have found that there is an enlightenment in this place!

Peeled down to this core has opened my eyes to the truth of our lives as human beings on this planet.

One of my favorite truths is to learn not to think outside the box but truer yet, there is no box!

I was watching TV the other night, amazed just how free people moved, how they seemed to be enjoying life to the fullest.

Remembering I was one of those people!

Frustrated I raised my voice towards heaven and said I only knew then what I know today about the very core of life.

I got back (not audibly) you would not know what you know today if you didn't have a stroke!

So I ask, is the cataclysmic event in life worth coming to know the 100% truth of life itself?

Yes!

So my brother and sisters around planet earth, all I ask you to do is think differently about those hard times in your life!

With love,
Aaron
Your friendly neighborhood stroke survivor.


No comments:

Post a Comment