Monday, March 3, 2014

I JUST WROTE THIS ARTICLE FOR A "HOW HAVE YOU HELPED MANKIND" WEBSITE

Hi!
Here is my condensed version of how I help all of mankind worldwide!
My name is Aaron Avila and I’m currently 50 years old.
This act of helping mankind was born from one of the most cataclysmic life events I think a human being can go through on this planet!
You see, in a blink of an eye, on September 17th 2010 the course of my life and the course of my families would be traumatically altered forever!
What type of man was I?
I was the type of man that could do almost anything. Self Employed for over 12 years, Could handle a chainsaw, loved fishing, boating and rving with the family and so much more!
Than it happened! I survived an aneurysm exploding in my brain and a major stroke two weeks later! I can’t walk, don’t talk very well, paralyzed on my left side, and countless other deficits. But now I’m so thankful to be alive! Alive to be with my awesome wife of 22 years Rebecca and my awesome son Ryan Avila. But I wasn’t always thankfull to be alive.
When stroke first hit me I was thinking death would have been better! Darkness, Fear. Lonely, The feeling of being alone is devastating! The utter decimation of all finances like no other.
How do I help mankind?
Spured on by a deep darkness and feeling so alone I created a FaceBook Group called Second Chance Stroke Survivors 7 months ago: https://www.facebook.com/groups/secondchancestrokesurvivors/ Through this FB group, I found out there is countless others around the world just like me! Feeling so alone and hopeless and now they feel a connection with other stroke survivors around the world. They now have hope when there was none.
Second Chance Stroke Survivors has grown leaps and bounds in 7 months! We now have Official Chapters in California, Ohio, South Carolina, Mississippi, Chicago, Australia and United Kingdom. A month ago I built an Official SCSS Website:  http://2livesin1.wix.com/scss
I started a Blog http://secondchancestrokesurvivor.blogspot.com/ 3 months ago that has over 12,000 page views in 20 countries around the world.
I am currently trying to raise funds to: Make SCSS an official nonprofit, Creat eCommerce stores to raise funds to help stroke survivors and their families around the world and to make my full worldwide vision come true!
That is how I help mankind!
Sincerely,

Aaron Avila 

No comments:

Post a Comment