Wednesday, January 1, 2014

TIME TO HEAL -(POEM)

Time to Heal

I learned it takes a great deal of time to heal our brain.
I learned that no one can adequately predict our gain.
I was told I should choose to sit and just vegetate.
I knew I did not want that to be my chosen fate.
I learned moments of discouragement don't last very long.
I learned that adversity is what helps us learn to be strong.
I learned streaming tears did not help me to clearly see.
I learned repetition was the key and well worth the fee.
I learned things that were priceless and that helped ease the pain.
I realized wisdom and knowledge would be what helped me gain.
I learned nothing is impossible if we keep trying our best.
I learned that a brain injury journey is a hard life test.
I learned perseverance does pay off in the end.
I learned it is a much easier journey when shared with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment