Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The Dark Night Nurse


 
My blog yesterday triggered a past memory that occurred shortly after my stroke.
So there I was laying on a hospital bed so scared, not fully comprehending what had happened to me. I mean what is a brain aneurysm? What is a stroke? I’m only 47 years old.
My life on this planet almost ended! Really? It’s me! A man that could almost do anything. So fragile, now clinging onto the very thread of my life on this planet!
I remember a night Nurse would come into my room take care of me. She would waken me from a deep sleep with just her presence in my room. With her presence alone she would begin to take and drain what little life energy I had left.. The life energy we all have and take for granted each and every day. I would later understand she was a life energy sucker!
This type of person in our lives need and must go so we can be fully be bathed with positive life energy. For us to be everything we can and to be the awesome human being in this one life we are given they all must go!
 
Back to my story……..
This dark energy Nurse would come in do her JOB, I’m sure to hospital standards but she did so much damage to  patients they will never know! Just her presence in my hospital room was so oppressive and dark even in my extremely fragile condition coupled with my inability to form many words, all I could only words I could mutter and form were the words evil and dark nurse. My awesome wife Rebecca and advocate sprang into action. She could wear a big red S on her shirt in my book! We told the nurses boss that we no longer want her in my room! Yes! Don’t let anyone ever tell you that you have to tollerate a Nurse you don’t like! NEVER!
I took some grief over this because her fellow nurses couldn't understand what I meant by
evil and dark but it was so worth it! She was gone! Never to steal my fragile life energy again!
Good Nurses
I have to take a minute to say that I have the utmost respect and admiration for all the good nurses out there. I learned quickly that the heart of a good Nurse is like none other on this planet! They truly care about you and are the ones that do all the day to day grind like, clean you after an accident, bath you, lift you, give you your shots, change your sheets on your bed and genuinely want you to be as comfortable as you can in your ill condition. To 99.9% of Nurses that cared for me I say thank you! With every fiber of my being I say thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment