Friday, August 16, 2013

Unhealthy pattern has happened

Morning Blog peeps! 
Well after waking up at 3:30am for the last several mornings a bad habbit has fomed.
I have trained my brain to wake up at 3:30am!  NOT GOOD!
After the past several mornings of waking up at 3:30am waking the wife up several times (we know that's never good)  and moving a clock to my night stand so there is no confusion, I made a promise to the wife never to leave the bed before 4:30am.
This morning my new time (3:30am) brain whent off! Instead of rolling back over to begin training my brain...I grabbed my phone and decided to play (bad choice).
The light from my phone was so bright it woke her up. Frustrated she said "just get out of bed...you are waking me up just laying there playing on your phone"
I explained I was committed to 4:30am. She again asked me to just leave!
Awesome!  I thought and transferred myself to my scooter and left!
I have read several scientific studies and they know for a fact the human brain only heals when you sleep!
So for us stroke survivors a bad sleeping habit is not conducive to recovery.
If you're a stroke survivor sleep is critical!
I'll keep you informed how retraining my brains alarm clock goes over the next week.
Make it a great day peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment