Sunday, January 17, 2016

WHO IS AARON AVILA?



Hi peeps!

As our global movement called Second Chance Stroke Survivors Worldwide continues to grow and gain momentum, you probably should know about who created the global movement.


Hi!


My name is Aaron Avila.


Born and raised 45 minutes north of San Francisco in Bay Area town called Santa Rosa.


Adopted at birth by Nonie and Vern Avila.


I have a 2 year older sister Andrea Avila who was also adopted at birth.


Born 9-1-63


My current age is 52


Age at time of stroke 47 


Before my stroke I owned my own water storage tank and rainwater harvesting companies for 12 years.


Here's a picture of me in San Francisco 7 months before my brain aneurysm and stroke.


Here's my two favorite photos 6 months after my stroke.



My stroke story!


September 17th 2010

Deficits: Can’t walk, Dysarthria, Balance issue, Social filter loss. To many to list!

Married 25+ years to the most awesome and amazing women on the planet! Rebecca Avila

Father to the most awesome son on the planet!

How I truly feel:

I was the type of guy that could do about anything I set my mind to. 
Cutting down a 80’ tree….no problem! 
Designing a water or rain harvesting system…..no problem! 
Running a crew building a 100,000 gallon water storage tank…………..no problem! 
Running and owning my own companies National Storage Tank and Rain Harvesting Solutions Inc. for over 12 years BS (Before Stroke).

Then the course of my life would change forever!

I was doing the day to day grind and I truly believe there was only one thing that would stop me dead in my tracks! 

This event in my life forced me to fully re-evaluate all the things I, like most everyone, took for granted!
Life itself, walking, talking, feeling one with my body, family, friends but I truly believe that I’ve been given a SECOND CHANCE!

I would come to believe wholeheartedly that this was a type of gift! 
Yes this stroke is the hardest thing I would ever face!!! 
But I was alive! Given a gift that the majority of people on this planet don’t have! 
The chance to live two lives in this one! A second chance to learn not to take it all for granted!

In beginning part of me was so angry, suicidal, and felt ripped off but what I have learned since my stroke makes it all worth it! 
I should have a big sign on my forehead…….Under Major Reconstruction!
I’m far from learning it all!
I would have to say and know with all my heart that if it was not for my incredible family and friends and their support I’d be in a much different place!

Tears of thankfulness run down my face! Go stroke survivors!

WE'RE NOT VICTIMS WE'RE SURVIVORS!

Never Give Up!

With allot of care!
Aaron Avila

Update 1/17/16
Wow! What can I say but what an absolute awesome powerful journey I'm on! Very gratefull for my stroke! To the very core I am as a man! This Walk Of Destiny I'm on has taken the most powerful and awesome spiritual course! This stroke has the absolutely hardest life event a man can go through on planet earth!

For me! The spiritual enlightenment I've received has made my stroke 100% worth it!



No comments:

Post a Comment