Monday, September 16, 2013

MY SECOND CHANCE STEP 1

WARNING HEADACHE
6 months prior to my aneurysm exploding in my brain I was having the most painful headaches of my life! I thought for sure they were just what other people called migraines!
I never had a migraine but I thought what else can the headaches be. I told all the people I knew had migraines my symptoms. Excruciating head pain, extreme light and sound sensitive. They also thought had all the symptoms also. So I began to take every medication that was available at the pharmacy and nothing brought me the slightest relief. So desperate for relief I convinced my friends that had prescription migraine medication to let me try their medication. They also offered me no relief whatsoever.
At this point 3 months before my aneurism exploded, The headaches became so excruciating that death started to feel like it was the only way I could get relief!
I was self employed! Had been for 12 years. My families income was seriously being affected! I must work! I mean it’s my first migraine after all! So I would go to the office only to spend most of the time laying on the floor in extreme pain.


(Months before my aneurysm exploded) -The day the Golden Gate Bridge turned upside down


My family loved to go to Boudins in SF eat, have a few drinks and enjoy the energy of the city once every two months or so. But this day was different! In excruciating pain, but it was my son Ryan’s 18th birthday, I had to go!
So our family goes to the old bunker overlook just before the Golden Gate Bridge. So here I am, in the most excruciating pain of my life trying to soak in the magnificent views. I’m being tough in front of my family down playing how much pain I was actually in. What my family doesn’t know is that I had been seeing double at times for about a week. I did not tell them because I didn’t want them to freak out! After all it was just a real bad migraine right!
Here I am sitting on a bench trying so hard to ignore the pain and soak in the just awesome views when all of a sudden everything turns upside down! Guaranteed I was the only one on the face of the planet that saw the Golden Gate Bridge that way that summer day!
I dropped my head into my hands, saying nothing to my family, I mean I’m not going to ruin my sons birthday! It's just a real bad migraine!
I kept rubbing my eyes trying desperately trying to make my vision correct itself. I told no one! At this is the point I realized something was seriously wrong with me!
The vertigo finally stopped and I told no one!. So I pushed through the rest of the day! I mean I had to!


Money? What's that? Aneurysm What's that?
Now being self employed during the years of the big crash after 2008 money was extremely tight. We could not afford insurance and after this episode I knew I better get insurance right  now! Again I told no one how scared and concerned I really was. So I get  Kaiser insurance
3 months before the explosion of my aneurysm.

No comments:

Post a Comment