Tuesday, September 17, 2013

THE DAY MY LIFE CHANGED FOREVER

On this day September 17th  I survived a major brain aneurysm and two weeks later a major stroke! In 2010, I haven't walked since then, I don't talk very well and sound like a dying cow but you know what.............I'M ALIVE!
In this Second Chance in life I have been given, I don't want to go back to my first life but rather go forward in the Second Chance I've been given on this planet, taking with me what I have learned through what I believe is the hardest thing a person can go through in life being even better and stronger than before!
Who makes stroke survival even possible for us? Who keeps us from being thrown in some home to die a lonely miserable death?
It's our spouses, It's the caregivers, It's the medical personnel, It's our dear family, It's the support we get after we survive what kills most people.................THANK YOU! WITH EVERY FIBER OF WHO I AM! THANK YOU!
For if it was not for you, there would be no stroke survivors!
If I was to say one the biggest factors that play a significant role in my long term recovery, I would have to say it's my fellow stroke survivors throughout the world and the awesome members of our Face Book group Second Chance Stroke Survivors!
I'M ALIVE! I'M ALIVE! I'M ALIVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment